The ELC Reading Club is one of the Extra-Curricular Activities groups under the English Language Centre.
It is a discussion platform for students who love reading in English.
We aim to promote pleasure reading as a way to enhance language proficiency, critical thinking and world knowledge in general.
This Is A Platform for PolyU Students to Share Feelings And Thoughts on Books.
We are now recruiting new members to join the 2019-20 semester 1 reading sessions. This is a chance for you to read and discuss a book of your choice with an ELC staff facilitator and fellow students.
If you join our reading groups, you can:
- meet and share your ideas of a book in 5 one-hour sessions (week 5 onwards)
- decide which book you will read together as a small group with an ELC staff facilitator
- gain book coupons and CAT records (Co-curricular Achievement Transcript)
- develop critical thinking, improve your English, and build friendship
Five sessions: week 5 onwards;
Small Groups: 4-6 students;
The Book is chosen by the group together!
80% attendance + reflection =book coupon + CAT records!
Reading groups and their staff facilitators available for 2019-20:
1. Ryan Hunter Mon 4:30 – 5:30 pm
2. Tom Grainger Mon 4:30 – 5:30 pm
3. Dr Lucas Kohnke Wed 12:30 – 1:30 pm
4. Shari Lughmani Wed 1:30 – 2:30 pm
5. Tracy Swemmer Wed 2:30 – 3:30 pm
6. Sannie Tang Fri 2:30 – 3:30 pm
Exchange Your Old Books for New Titles.
Please join us at our annual ELC Book Exchange! You can:
-Exchange your used books for new titles
-Get free souvenirs
Details for this event:
Date: Semester 2
All English books are welcomed (except children’s books, textbooks, comics and magazine)